HANFORD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Will begin March 6, 2023
If your child will become 5 years old on or before April 2, 2024, and you live in the Hanford Elementary School District attendance area, please contact your school office the week of March 6, 2023, and make an appointment to register him/her for the 2023-24 school year, 585-3775. Children turning 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023, will register for regular kindergarten and children turning 5 years old between September 2, 2023, and April 2, 2024, will register for the Transitional Kindergarten class.
Please bring the following required documentation with you to register your child for both transitional kindergarten and regular kindergarten.
✓ Verification of birthday (birth or baptismal certificate, passport, etc)
✓ Proof of immunization. The following immunizations are required:
- 5 DTP/DTaP– 4 meet the requirement for ages 4-6 years if one was given on or after the 4th birthday
- 4 polio – 3 doses meet the requirement for ages 4-6 years if one was given after the 4th birthday.
- 2 MMR – both on or after 1st birthday
- 3 Hepatitis B shots
- 2 Chicken Pox shots (Varicella)
✓ Proof of school entry physical – not required for transitional kindergarten students.
Immunizations are available through your doctor, clinics, and some local pharmacies. Vaccines are available through the Kings County Department of Public Health and are free to Medi-Cal eligible children and low-cost vaccines are available to some eligible children. Some private insurances are accepted as well. Please call 584-1401 to check on eligibility for low-cost vaccines and accepted coverage. It is recommended that if you have private physician to remain under his or her care.
In partnership with Hanford Elementary School District, the Family HealthCare Network will have their mobile unit available from 1:00-5:00 at the following elementary schools Washington 2/1 & 5/3, Roosevelt 2/15, Monroe 3/1, Lincoln 3/15, Kennedy/Richmond 4/12, King 4/19, Roosevelt 5/17. The mobile unit can provide vaccinations, physicals, and other health services. Please call (559) 909-4908 or (877) 960-3426 to schedule your appointment. Walk-ins welcome.
Please Note: State law also requires that your child have an oral health assessment (dental check-up) by May 21, 2024. Any assessment completed after 8/01/22 will be accepted.
Notification of Asbestos Management Plans
The Hanford Elementary School District under the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AH ERA) is required to develop and implement a management plan for dealing with the presence of asbestos-containing materials in our schools. This plan is available for your inspection in the school office. A copy of all school plans is also available in the District Office located at 714 N. White Street.
Dear Parents & Guardians,
We are excited to let you know that this year we’ll be using ParentSquare to communicate with you at the school, and in your classrooms and groups.
ParentSquare provides a simple and safe way for everyone at school to connect.
With ParentSquare you’ll be able to:
• Receive all district, school and classroom communication via email, text, or app
• View the school and classroom calendar and RSVP for events
• Easily sign up to volunteer and/or bring items
• Securely receive report cards, IEPs and other important student documents
Activate your Account
If you haven't already activated your account you will soon receive an invitation email or text to join ParentSquare. Please click the link to activate your account. It takes less than a minute.
You can use ParentSquare on any device. You can download the free mobile app for
iOS or Android or use the desktop version at www.parentsquare.com.
Our goal is for every family to join ParentSquare and engage with our school community.
Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Please contact Ms. Kraemer, email@example.com, if you do not get an invitation
Thank you so much!
Mr. Flores - Principal
HANFORD SUNSET ROTARY LITTLE FREE LIBRARY at ROOSEVELT ELEMENTARY
1. Please sanitize hands before selecting a book.
2. The Hanford Sunset Rotary Little Free Library is a free book-sharing box where anyone may take a book or share a book. This Library functions on the honor system. You do not need to share a book in order to take one. If you take a book or two from our little library, try to bring one or some to share to with the library, when you can.
TAKE ONE, LEAVE ONE WHEN YOU CAN.
3. Please READ!!!
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year. Hope your children were able to enjoy their well-deserved summer break. We look forward to seeing our Rough Riders walk onto our campus this school year. Our first day of school is Tuesday, August 9, 2022 (please make sure our students are on campus before 7:50 AM and no earlier 7:20 AM). We encourage you all to come by our campus on August 4th to see our class lists (posted out front by the school office). This will give your child/children an idea on who their teacher will be and help them get ready for the 1st day of school. We will also be having our kinder orientation on Monday 8/8/22 at 1:45 PM in our cafeteria. This is a great opportunity for our new students coming to school for the 1st time to come and meet their teacher and become familiar with our campus.
In order for parents to be a chaperone for school sponsored events or volunteer in the classroom, you must go through the process to be a volunteer.
- Each school year a new application must be submitted and approved by the HESD Board of Trustees, even if you have been approved in the past.
- If you have not been previously approved, the application process can take from 3 weeks to 2 months. Returning volunteers can be approved anywhere from 1-3 weeks.
- Please remember, parents will not be able to attend study trips if they are not approved for the 2022-2023 school year. If you want to chaperone you MUST apply and be approved as a volunteer for the current school year.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Ms. Kraemer at 585-3775.
(This information can also be found in the Parent Handbook & Calendar.)
If a foggy day schedule is called, information can be found on TV Channel 18 (PBS), radio at KMJ 580 or the Hanford Elementary foggy day information line 559-585-3652.
Plan A: Buses two hours delayed. Classes start on time.
Plan B: Morning buses cancelled. Classes start on time.
Plan C: Afternoon buses cancelled
In order to support our health and wellness policy, we will no longer celebrate individual children(s) birthdays or accept any sweet treats for birthday snacks. Parent are still encouraged to celebrate student birthdays by offering an alternative to sweet treats such as a goody bag with pencils, erasers, crayons, etc. Another fun idea is to donate a hardback book to the library in honor of your student.
Student Drop off and Pick up
- Yard supervisors are on campus at 7:15 am Students are not to be on campus before then.
- Students may enter campus through the front gate located next to the office or the bus gate located near the bus lane. Parents are not allowed on campus.
- Drop-off/Pick-up Zone: Located in the driveway directly in front of the school. This is not a parking area. This area is a ONE WAY. Do not drop off students in the parking lot and have them run across moving traffic. There is a designated walking area along the East and West ends of the parking lot. IT IS NOT SAFE to drop off children in the middle of the staff parking area and ask them to run across the moving traffic.
- All students and adults should always use the crosswalk in the pick up area.
- If you need to get out of your car for any reason, please park your car in the parking lot. Do not leave your car parked in the pick-up/drop off zone.
- Maximum allowable speed in pickup/drop area is 5 mph.
- While in the loading/drop off area, move up to the next available spot. Please be patient. For the safety of our students and to make sure the loading area moves along as smooth as possible, please do not double park. Do not exit your vehicle in the loading zone. If you want to get out of your car please use the parking areas and walk your student(s) to the front using the designated walking areas on the west and east edges of the parking lot. Do not walk across the drop off zone.
- Please ensure your student is ready to exit when you pull up to the drop off zone along the front. Please have students exit as soon as it is safe so you can continue to move forward and allow the next car to pull up. Do not wait until you are at the front gate to have your student exit. The drop of zone extends the length of the sidewalk along the front of the school.
- Be patient when leaving the parking lot. This area can get very congested between 7:45-8:00 and 2:00-2:50.
- DO NOT PARK IN THE FIRE LANE OR BUS LANE. These are RED Zone areas and Hanford PD will issue parking tickets if a vehicle is parked illegally.
- DO NOT PARK IN HANDICAP areas unless you have the valid parking permit required.